Installation and activation of Microsoft Office 2010 Professional Plus + Visio Premium 2010 + Project Professional 2010 under Wine IMPORTANT: Before any further installation procedures you MUST create new WINEPREFIXes for each of these programs. It is very important you to understand that you are not currently able to install each Office 2010 program using same and one WINEPREFIX (e.g. your default /home//.wine/). Office 2010 installation program will simply fail after the first successful run and then it will be a total mess. To deal with the problem we create three new WINEPREFIXes with correct winetricks settings. You need to install several winetricks packages in these WINEPREFIXes to get the Office products working.
Use only clean WINEPREFIXes because Office 2010 is extremely fragile, for example, with dotnet (Microsoft .NET) installations. In addition you won't mess Office 2010 stuff with your current working, configured and fine-tuned WINEPREFIXes (like your default /home//.wine/).
In my instructions, Wine Mono packages are not required. PlayOnLinux is not required either. NOTE: Use legal Office 2010 products only. I don’t take any responsibility if you contribute with illegal activities or piracy. Wine 1.7.14 32-bit was used to perform the following instruction steps.
INSTALLATION & ACTIVATION INSTRUCTIONS
1. Read IMPORTANT part (yes, it's important). 2. -
Get the latest Wine (either from source or a distro-based repository). Get the latest Winetricks by typing in terminal: wget http://winetricks.org/winetricks chmod +x winetricks sudo rm /usr/bin/winetricks sudo mv winetricks /usr/bin/
2 3. Operate in your terminal window. In terminal, run... Professional Plus 2010: WINEPREFIX=/home//.wine_msoffice_1/ winetricks dotnet20 comctl32 ie6 msls31 msxml3 msxml6 pngfilt riched20 riched30 vcrun2005
These commands create new hidden Wine directories (i.e. ~prefixes) in your home folder: .wine_msoffice_1, .wine_msoffice_2, .wine_msoffice_3 • • •
.wine_msoffice_1 is for Professional Plus 2010. .wine_msoffice_2 is for Project Professional 2010. .wine_msoffice_3 is for Visio Premium 2010.
4. After creation of WINEPREFIXes and successful Winetricks procedures mount either • • •
1) Office 2010 BIN+CUE image file 2) Office 2010 ISO image file 3) physical Office 2010 DVD installation media
1) Office 2010 BIN+CUE image file: It seems that you can't mount CUE file straightforwardly in Linux. Therefore you must convert BIN+CUE combination to individual ISO file. Conversion of BIN+CUE files to ISO format In Debian based distribution, type in terminal: sudo apt-get install bchunk bchunk .BIN .CUE .ISO
3 For example: bchunk /home/exampleuser/Office2010.BIN /home/exampleuser/Office2010.CUE /home/exampleuser/Office2010.ISO
Then mount your ISO image: sudo mkdir -p /media/office2010/ sudo mount -o loop Office2010.ISO /media/office2010
where Office2010.ISO indicates the location/path of your Office 2010 ISO file. You need to repeat these instructions to all your BIN+CUE Office 2010 images (Office + Project + Visio 2010). 2) Office 2010 ISO image file: Mount each ISO individually (Office, Project and Visio 2010, three ISO’s). When you have all ISO files, mount your Office 2010 products: Professional Plus 2010: sudo mkdir -p /media/office2010_proplus/ sudo mount -o loop /media/office2010_proplus/
Project Professional 2010: sudo mkdir -p /media/office2010_projectpro/ sudo mount -o loop /media/office2010_projectpro/
If you use physical installation media, make sure that your setup.exe path is correct. Be careful with WINEPREFIXes, too.
6. Successfully installed Office 2010 products? If yes, great! Keep reading. After successful installations you need to add several registry key values, in order to activate the fresh Office 2010 products. Open registry editors of all Wine prefixes: Professional Plus 2010: WINEPREFIX=/home//.wine_msoffice_1/ wine regedit
Project Professional 2010: WINEPREFIX=/home//.wine_msoffice_2/ wine regedit
5 Add the following keys (with each three registry editors): HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\OfficeSoftwareProtectionPlatform Insert the following REG_SZ values:
Remember to add these values with each registry editor individually!
7. Office 2010 uses KMS server to the activation. It seems that Wine doesn't handle KMS server actions, so we need to emulate them somehow. You need the server emulator (KMS Emulator) and client side program (KMS Client). • •
Download KMS Emulator: download link Download KMS Client: download link
8. Now comes the tricky part: Activation of installed Office 2010 products. Make sure you have added registry values in step 6, otherwise the following procedures will likely fail. Open new terminal window and execute: WINEPREFIX=/home/// wine
Where is one of these: • • •
.wine_msoffice_1 (Professional Plus 2010) .wine_msoffice_2 (Project Professional 2010) .wine_msoffice_3 (Visio Premium 2010)
Open another terminal window and execute: WINEPREFIX=/home/// wine 1688 127.0.0.1 Office2010
KEEP TERMINALS OPEN, DO NOT CLOSE THEM.
6 9. Run Professional Plus 2010: WINEPREFIX=/home//.wine_msoffice_1/ wine /home//.wine_msoffice_1/drive_c/Program Files/Microsoft Office/Office14/WINWORD.EXE
While Word 2010 is running, type again in terminal: WINEPREFIX=/home//.wine_msoffice_1/ wine 1688 127.0.0.1 Office2010
(not sure if necessary, just to make sure)
Project Professional 2010: WINEPREFIX=/home//.wine_msoffice_2/ wine /home//.wine_msoffice_2/drive_c/Program Files/Microsoft Office/Office14/WINPROJ.EXE
While Project Professional 2010 is running, type again in terminal: WINEPREFIX=/home//.wine_msoffice_2/ wine 1688 127.0.0.1 Office2010
(not sure if necessary, just to make sure) If Project Professional complains about the memory and closes, run it again (in safe mode?).
While Project Professional 2010 is running, type again in terminal: WINEPREFIX=/home//.wine_msoffice_3/ wine 1688 127.0.0.1 Office2010
(not sure if necessary, just to make sure)
10. You can close your terminal windows.
7 11. Office 2010 products should be activated now. You can confirm this by opening any Office 2010 program (with correct Wine prefix, of course) and going to File -> Help. There should be stated: "Product Activated".
12. Create Linux desktop entries for Office 2010 products. You can use simple python script Wine Launcher Creator to do that. To install the script in Debian based distributions, type in terminal: sudo apt-get install wine-launcher-creator
13. Unmount any Office 2010 ISO image or physical installation media.
**EDITING OF USERNAME AND INITIALS - Wine way** I have noted that Office 2010 in Wine does not let you change user information afterwards. Whether you want to change Username and Initials information later, you must edit registry values. Open registry editor of correct Wine prefix in terminal: WINEPREFIX=/home/// wine regedit
Edit the following registry values: HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Office\Common\UserInfo
If these registry values do not exist, create them.